Thursday 8 August 2013

Fast Weight Loss Diets Versus Healthy Weight Loss Diets

All fast weight loss diets are extremely dangerous and do little but help you to lose weight in the short term. Well, at least that's what an article I just finished reading said. I personally take serious issue with this. Let me tell you why.
A couple years ago, a friend of mine asked if I could help him lose weight. He was pretty heavy and out of shape, so I took it pretty easy on him at first.
He adapted well to the exercise regimen I put him on and, without supplements of any kind, he lost almost 40 pounds his first month following my quick weight loss system. And I actually increased his caloric intake. He's still thin today.
I agree with the article in that many systems, even some of those that use natural weight loss pills, are not the best way to go for most people. Some of the ingredients can be deadly.
It was only recently that ephedra was banned here in the US. Ephedra has been known to cause serious issues as severe as strokes and heart attacks. Yet, I've known people who used to eat it like candy. I've got to say, though, most were very thin.
So, while it's definitely unfair to say that all, or even most fast weight loss diets are dangerous, if all you're doing is taking supplements and nothing else, you might be endangering your well-being. The good news is that you can still lose weight quickly without resorting to unhealthy pills and questionable supplements.

No comments:

Post a Comment